Re: [CODE] **titles for levels**

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 04/11/99

On Sun, 11 Apr 1999, Darren Steinke wrote:

> I would like to display titles instead of numbered levels.
> ie: instead of level 21 and 18 it would be
> [ Soulslayer ] and [ Dark Caster ]

> I only have 30 mortal levels...could i get some help into doing this pls?

It's pretty simple, I do suggest learning how to code.  This list doesn't
exist to help you learn how to code or to code your features for you.  The
answer to your question I can illustrate this fact with,

In do_who find,

  sprintf(buf, "%s[%2d %s] %s %s",
          (GET_LEVEL(tch) >= LVL_IMMORT ? CCYEL(ch, C_SPR) : ""),
          GET_LEVEL(tch), CLASS_ABBR(tch), ...

Change it to,

  sprintf(buf, "%s[%12s] %s",
          (GET_LEVEL(tch) >= LVL_IMMORT ? CCYEL(ch, C_SPR) : ""),
          level_titles[GET_CLASS(tch)][GET_LEVEL(tch)], ...

And then create the level_titles[][] array.  That last step is up to you.

-dak