Re: [CODE] Tick counter

From: Anthony Benjamin (benjamin@powerweb.net)
Date: 04/14/99

I am only a newbie coder and all, but I have a few suggestions...
If you want the dream at the start of each tick...you could put a small
function call in the point_update (located in the limits.c file)
function based on the premise the character is sleeping...like

if (GET_POS(i) == POS_SLEEPING) {
    do your dream thing
}

and that would be called each tick when the players HP, MV, and MANA are
updated...Otherwise you could add a small function into do_sleep, and
then terminate that function when it pulses, either in point_update or
in the sleep function....like..

do{
dreams junk
}while(originialHP < GETHIT(ch))

then it would just do the dream stuff over and over again until your hit
points were updated....problems with this include....what if they were
poisoned, killed, etc...but again, I am just a newbie coder, considering
I thought of this stuff, just by looking at the code, you are bound to
figure something out.

Good Night,

anthony
"Yep, read the new WTFaq."