Re: [STRANGE]: Clan Patch

From: Julian Buckley (s348266@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 04/27/99

> but from what I saw, if you can get it to work, it is definitely worth
> putting in - the fullscreen editor it has is damned good :) But I'm not
> sure what BPL it was intended for... I tried it on BPL 14 and had those
> problems... other people manage to get it working?

I've been running I guess what'd be classed as "bpl12.5" (mainly cause it
does the job, and I'm too busy atm to upgrade ;)), and I've toyed with
each and every clan patch publically available.

Each has it's advantages, and disadvantages.  The Oasis-style one is good
for ease of use (menus are always good), but it has the bugs outlined in

My personal preference is the command line based one --- Originally
written by Mehdi Keddache, and updated a bit by (I think) Chuck Reed.
Basically, if you take Chuck's improvements to save_char_file_U (I think),
as well as a few of his updated clan functions and throw that into
Mehdi's, you have a pretty darn good clan system.  Throw in there clan
resign, clan descriptions (plans/bio's/whatever), etc, and you really
can't go past it.

They work fine on bpl12...anything after that I assume would need some
care and affection --- trivial stuff really for a good mortal drawcard.

ObCircle:  Well not really, but anyhow --- I'm after what's known as
"HyperMail", the *NIX mailing list archiver ---> the link on Jeremy's page
ceases to function, so I was wondering if anyone knows where one can
download it?

-Caniffe

 Julian Buckley, 3rd Year Software Engineering
 Dept. Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Qld
 E-Mail: s348266@student.uq.edu.au
 Web Page: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s348266/index.html