Re: olc trouble

From: Julian Buckley (s348266@student.uq.edu.au)
Date: 04/27/99

> I recently installed the following OLC program (with DG scripts):
> olcplus-v2.1a-complete-package
> with Circle30bpl14
>
> when I was running some tests to make sure everything was running right
> without killing the mud I made a new zone (zedit new <zone#>) and that
> did fine, then I advanced my character to level 32 or so and the darn
> character
> can't edit the zone I made, when I tried the following comand:
>   set <playername> olc <zone#> it told me I cant do that (being impy)
> <sigh>

The problem lies in the README files in the OlcPlus package.  It clearly
states:
New features:
   set <person> olc <#> has been removed.  Implementors now ZEDIT in
      the appropriate zone and edit the builder list.
      [ note, this *will* need to patch your world files. ]

Basically, zone builder privs are given by a Builder List, similar to:

B) Builders: Caniffe Saxen Tekhen

You can either manually change the .zon files, or use Zedit to edit it
(with a Grgod+)...

A typical .zon file looks like:

Typical Zone File~
Caniffe Saxen Tekhen~
799 30 2
etc

Simply add a new line with the builders separated by spaces after the zone
name.  Or, even more simply, use zedit.

 Julian Buckley, 3rd Year Software Engineering
 Dept. Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, Univ. of Qld
 E-Mail: s348266@student.uq.edu.au
 Web Page: http://student.uq.edu.au/~s348266/index.html