Re: [CURIOUS] [SNIPPET]

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 05/01/99

On Sat, 1 May 1999, Jason M. R. wrote:

> Maybe its just me but it gets tiring writing spells manually all of
> the time, is there a snippet out there somewhere that does spells
> online, like spelledit or somthing...just curious

I don't believe there is, but you can always check the ftp site and
http://developer.circlemud.org.  Anyway, there's another issue here that
you should really address.

If you're coding spells and finding it boring, abort the mission and
promptly remove all the spells you have already added.  Magic is supposed
to be fun.  If you're finding yourself bored while coding spells, then you
obviously have a bunch of boring spells.  No-one wants, needs, or cares
about 300 damage spells.  Your magic-users will just find the most
powerful and use it and only it.  The same can be said for all the other
set spell-types.  Manual spells that actually do something significantly
different are interesting and fun to code.

-dak : If it's boring to code, it's boring to use.