Re: New DG Scripts release available-something odd.

From: Angus Mezick (amezick@edgil.com)
Date: 05/05/99

This is with V6

Here is what I added:
into find_replacement():dg_scripts.c  - in the object section:

      else if (!str_cmp(field, "worn_by"))
         {
         if(o->worn_by != NULL)
            {
            log("worn: %s",GET_NAME(o->worn_by));
            sprintf(str,"%c%ld",UID_CHAR, GET_ID(o->worn_by));
            }
         else
            {
            strcpy(str,"");
            }
         }
      else if (!str_cmp(field, "carried_by"))
         {
         if(o->carried_by != NULL)
            {
            log("carr: %s",GET_NAME(o->carried_by));
            sprintf(str,"%c%ld",UID_CHAR, GET_ID(o->carried_by));
            }
         else
            {
            strcpy(str,"");
            }
         }
My builders wanted random trigger that could see who had the item and
where.

the script used to test this is:

Name: 'Regen_ring',  VNum: [33218], RNum: [  585]
Trigger Intended Assignment: Objects
Trigger Type: Random , Numeric Arg: 100, Arg list: None
 a ring of regeneration [33202]
Commands:
   set worn %self.worn_by%
   %echo% ring worn by %worn.name%
   set carried %self.carried_by%
   %echo% ring carried by %carried.name%

for a player, (even when the obj is on the ground) I get:

Ring worn by Masque
Ring carried by Masque
May  5 09:43:09 :: carr: Masque

Mobs get:
> give ring dmi
You give a ring of regeneration to Dmitri.

Ring worn by Dmitri
Ring carried by
May  5 09:44:14 :: carr: Dmitri
> fo dmi wear ring
Okay.
Dmitri slides a ring of regeneration on to his right ring finger.

Ring worn by
Ring carried by Dmitri
May  5 09:44:27 :: worn: Dmitri

*BOGGLE*
The log statements are working correctly.  This is all I get when I am
carrying the item:
May  5 09:34:29 :: carr: Masque

Can you seen what I am doing wrong? or is something really strange
going on in the dg-scripts?
--Angus

"Mark A. Heilpern" <heilpern@mindspring.com> on 05/04/99 06:51:43 PM

I've just uploaded pl7 and pl7a. Pl7 is for use with
bpl14 muds (or older), and pl7a will patch cleanly
into a bpl15 mud. Both of these have Oasis in them,
so if you've already got Oasis, be prepared for reject
files. (There is also a pl6->pl7 patch.)

Download from:
http://www.mindspring.com/~heilpern/dg_scripts/downloads.html

Read about what's new at:
http://www.mindspring.com/~heilpern/dg_scripts/what_s_new.html