[Code] Weird random(?) crash

From: The Fractal Dimension (fractal@oberon.krans.com)
Date: 05/06/99

Core was generated by `bin/circle -q 4096'.
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error

#0  0x68746977 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x68746977 in ?? ()
#1  0x8074325 in heartbeat (pulse=61620) at comm.c:913
#2  0x8074221 in game_loop (mother_desc=3) at comm.c:864
#3  0x807371d in init_game (port=4096) at comm.c:395
#4  0x8073685 in main (argc=3, argv=0xbffffd94) at comm.c:353
(gdb) print combat_list
$1 = (CHAR_DATA *) 0x85003e8
(gdb) print combat_list->player.name
$2 = 0x8343d20 "Kinghippo"
(gdb) print next_combat_list
$3 = (CHAR_DATA *) 0x0
(gdb) print ch
No symbol "ch" in current context.
(gdb) print combat_list->next_fighting
$4 = (CHAR_DATA *) 0x8740608
(gdb) print combat_list->next_fighting->player.name
$5 = 0x8255f40 "wally watermaster"
(gdb) print combat_list->points.max_hit
$6 = 5223
(gdb) print combat_list->points.hit
$7 = 5205
(gdb) print combat_list->next_fighting->points.hit
$8 = 27145

The mud has crashed at this point quite a few times now.  Each time it is
when perform_violence() is called, with practically this exact situation.

It does not ALWAYS crash ... in fact crashing is extremely
rare.  However, it has happened enough that my suspicions are raised.

So far, this is the only known crash spot within my code.

Can anyone give me some ... pointers ... as to what could cause this?

Thanks!

| Arioch                            |
| The Fractal Dimension             |
| telnet://oberon.krans.com:4096    |