[CODE] Findind an empty string..

From: Phil Durand (phildurand@home.com)
Date: 05/20/99

I'm trying to NOT try and display the title of the character if they dont
have one, because otherwise it sticks a wonderfull extra space between their
name and the position...

I've tried doing all these different ways of checking GET_TITLE(ch), but all
of them failed.

if(!GET_TITLE(ch))

and

if(GET_TITLE(ch) == "")

and

if(GET_TITLE(ch) == '\0')

and

if(GET_TITLE(ch) == NULL)

I mean, some of those are useless of course, and I've even tried str_cmp and
it still doesn't figure out that the string is actually empty...

I've checked with my compiler/debugger that the value of the GET_TITLE(ch)
is "" when there is none. So the second one should work no??

Any help would be appreciated.