Dynamic mobiles?

gavry@ozemail.com.au
Date: 05/23/99

Heya all,
         I'm just about to start working on a system
whereby mobs in the mud have a life of their own. They
will go shopping, eat and sleep, goto work, etc etc.
The above section will be slowly added, to start with
however I want to add realistic mob to mob combat. So
if a fox walks into the same room as a rabbit it will
attack it. If a Drow rading party walk in on a Dwarven
Patrol, a battle will begin. Etc etc

Has anyone done anything like this before? If so do
you have any recommendations as to what I should be
careful of/keep a watch out for?

My ultimate aim is to have my world function without
any PC input. A player could just sit there and watch
the world go by if he/she wanted. Also it will mean
that PC's can join NPC adventuring groups and follow
them into battles. I plan to have a border town
between my good race and evil race areas which is
continually fought over by mobs. PC can then join
in and help their races take and keep the town.

Any input on the idea would be greatly appreciated.

Gavry