Re: [NEWBIE] alias.patch

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 05/25/99

> I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem with this patch? any
> suggestions how to get the aliases to load. i have the load_aliases function
> called under case 1 in nanny, right after reset_char. thanks for you time

        I can think of two things that I'd do in your situation.

        1. Put in a log message in load_aliases() that says the name of
the char who's aliases you're loading, and
        2. Move the load_aliases until right after you've called
load_char() in interpreter.c (in nanny()).  I don't know about your
specific implementation, but mine reads the aliases right after the
char_to_room call in interpreter.c - when the player enters the game.

                                        PjD