Re: [CODE] [LIB] [SYSTEM-WIN95] Woirld building software

From: Phil Durand (phildurand@home.com)
Date: 05/26/99

Ugh! Sorry I was totally thinking of something completely different when I
wrote that... That was total spam.. I am rewriting skills (seperating from
spells) and I didn't even think about what I was replying to...

What I meant to say... Is that room flags and etc, are different on each
game (well that is if your game is original) And to create a world building
program, it would be invalid for most peoples muds.

Now about sharing ideas... You cant possibly have an original mud, if you
have everyone elses stuff.. Now i'm not talking snippets about the INNER
workings of the mud, but things like races/classes, skills, commands,
quests, etc etc... If you insert something into your mud, that the other mud
has... what is to say about your own game? No adding a prompt system that is
something completely different, it has nothing to do with the story or
history of your game.. It doesn't change the plot etc... But skills
abilities etc, that sure does, and if you and your friend played two muds
that are exactly the same? what's the point?

Anyways, that is my opinion on sharing that kind of stuff... Dont bother
making a mud, with everyone elses code, its useless and noone will play it.

Direct flames to me, not the list.