Re: XML...

From: Chris Jacobson (fear@technologist.com)
Date: 06/20/99

On 6/18/99 10:07 AM, Dan Argent (argentd7@cs.man.ac.uk) stated:

>It looks to be a very elegant method of storing information.
>I suppose there will be some method so that strings contaning <> will not
>be interpreted as tags.

< = &lt;
> = &gt;
& = &amp;

(there are more, and more can be made) ...just like in HTML (which is
subset of XML now... XML was invented, taking the most used and easiest
to integrate features of SGML, the language that HTML is derived from, to
offset the bloating occuring with the recent developments in HTML)

- Chris Jacobson