Re: AutoRun problems

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 06/22/99

On Tue, 22 Jun 1999, J.P. wrote:

> <sigh> yeah yeah I know I suck with Linux but...
> Im using thewovlesden.net to host my MUD, and I can run the MUD perfectly if
> I use the bin/circle command, I get no errors whatsoever.
>
> However, If I use the "sh ./autorun &" I get a
> SYSERR: bind: Address already in use.

This means that the port is already in use, by the mud (still running?),
sign or some other service.  The ps command will give you a list of programs
running, and the kill command will take care of any you'd like to stop.  Note
that the PORT variable in the autorun script overrides the hardcoded port,
so make sure you're using whatever port your sysadmins told you to use.
--

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000