Re: [GUI] Soon to come!

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/24/99

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Tony Robbins wrote:

>"Realms of Aurealis" has a protocol that is used in my MUD for streaming
>mp3s.  Basically, it has access to the MUDs data and allows you to send out
>what you want.  I didn't code that part, so I don't know where to locate it,
>but it would be a nice ingredient to an outside administrative console.

If the GUI was written in X, you'd get client/server automatically.
Downside being that you couldn't close the connection without killing the
MUD.

However, I think making a GUI that just fed the MUD commands through a
character may be interesting.  I had an idea to make the MUD taken console
input once but it never went anywhere since it's easier to log into it. :)