Re: [GUI] Soon to come!

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 06/24/99

On Thu, 24 Jun 1999, Tony Robbins wrote:

>I think a real advantage would lie in being able to dynamically access the
>data.  Remember discussing this on the Discussion MUD (in relation to SQL)?

SQL (and Perl) make the information easy to get to.  Otherwise it has to be
specifically coded to allow access to said information.  I suppose it
wouldn't be too bad in C linked lists, but you couldn't do things you
didn't anticipate when you compiled the MUD. (Dynamic modules aside)

>You could have a little cloaked character and do the same thing, but, IMHO,
>that's a little cheap :P

You make a secret menu option 'i' that automatically sets you wizinvis
before you enter the game, therefore avoiding any enter messages.  I did
it, it was handy.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org