Re: [GUI] Soon to come!

From: Vaughan Williams (nsis@flatrate.net.au)
Date: 06/24/99

Sounds like we have all had this idea at some time..

I agree with Jeff that the GUI should be a front end for the
MUD itself..
I started working on one when I was involved with PrimEvil
MUD (no longer up for now)
But i never finished it and I am not the best programer in
the world:).
The idea was to have sound and graphics on the client
computer that would
interact with tags/flags within the code, also for imps to
admin the MUD as well,
as I think you should have more than just a players client
end app, so Eriks concept is
great. But I think you should go for the front end concept..
Think of it this way.
If you have ever had anything to do with Novell servers you
find that most of the
admin apps are windows based apps that let you do all the
config/maintance via that,
like Novell Zen management etc etc..

I await to see the unfolding of a master piece.

V -Nevyn.