Re: Compile problem

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 07/31/99

Tim wrote:

> Ok, i'm using a unix varient (QNX) and using Watcom libraries with a
> standard cc compiler... here is the error i get when i type make

I'm sure I've heard of QNX, is that the unix with a really small kernel
that hasn't been change for about 3 years? I think it has a module load
and unload system. so you never have to reboot the computer, IE the
uptime is amazing (some boxes making it years...)

> comm.c(451): Error! E1031: Name 'sin_addr' not found in struct/union
> sockaddr_in
> comm.c(1110): Error! E1011: Symbol 'INADDR_ANY' has not been declared
> comm.c(1229): Error! E1031: Name 'sin_addr' not found in struct/union
> sockaddr_in
> comm.c(1230): Error! E1011: Symbol 'AF_INET' has not been declared
> comm.c(1240): Error! E1031: Name 'h_name' not found in struct/union hostent
> comm.c(1197): Error! E1147: Too many errors: compilation aborted

Looking at these errors they all relate to things that are normally
picked up in header files, the normal header files these are found in
are:
netinet/in.h
sys/socket.h

Does your conf.h have HAVE_NETINET_IN_H defined?  You may find that
you'll need to find out where your socket info is defined, try man
socket (you may need to specifiy section 2, IE man 2 socket) that'll
possibly say which header files to include.  You may find it easier to
make your own custom conf.h and/or sysdep.h.  I think you're probably
doing the first port to QNX.

Hope that helps,
Chris