Re: Problme after moving to RH 60 machine

From: Mark A. Heilpern (heilpern@mindspring.com)
Date: 08/05/99

I'm taking a guess here, but I believe the problem lies in your moving
from a 64 bit architecture to a 32 bit one, coupled with code that was
actually broken beforehand, but since you were running on the alpha,
the extra bits made things work.

More specifically, I believe your code references either zone numbers
or zone/object/room/mob vnums in different sizes and that under the
alpha, either they were the same size (caused by different compiler
defaults) or the difference was not significant. Sorry I can't help further;
you'll need to do some hard core debugging to narrow things down
better. I had to solve the same problem a few months ago, and it was
not trivial.

mah