Re: [newbie] [code] nodelete

From: Peter Ajamian (pajamian@cheapsam.com)
Date: 08/24/99

Colleen Conlin wrote:

> We are having a lot of problems with hacking on the mud.  I would like to
> implement a system where a player cannot delete after a certain level to try
> to overcome the hacking and selfdelete of hacked characters that we are
> seeing.
> Using grep, I determined that the only place in the code - bpl11 - that
> nodelete appears is in act.wizard.c
> In act.wizard.c around line 2200, there is a nodelete in the set command.  It
> is standard at demi_god. I changed it from demi_god to level 15, set a
> nodelete flag on a high level character (lvl 90), statted the character and
> it definately showed !del flag.  But the character could still self delete
> and on re-enter, was seen as a new player.   I set it again on a demi_god
> character. Same thing.  It seems to not be implemented in the code.
> Has anyone done this or come against the nodelete not working?
> This is causing the mud much grief. Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thank you in advance.

I don't know about bpl11, but bpl15 has a feature where any character whi is
LVL_GRGOD or higher cannot self-delete.  This can easily be changed to whatever
level you want...

In interpreter.c:

 - In the nany function find the case CON_DELCNF2, find the following lines...

      if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) < LVL_GRGOD)
        SET_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(d->character), PLR_DELETED);

 - and change them to...

      if (GET_LEVEL(d->character) < 15) /* <--- or whatever level you want */
        SET_BIT(PLR_FLAGS(d->character), PLR_DELETED);

If bpl11 does not have the feature it is easy to implement, just look in
CON_DELCNF2 for the line that sets the PLR_DELETED flag and make it conditional
on the player's level.

Regards,

Peter