Pausing output

From: Chuck Carson (ccarson@phi.org)
Date: 09/05/99

I have a search command that players use to search
for secret doors. It is based on a perception skill that
improves thru use. However, I do not want players to
bot this command or over use it. When it is used it
reduces a player move points and I also PULSE_ZONE
the char however, the messages I send the char and the
room are sent instantly. (thus the player is still 'searching'
due to the PULSE_ZONE but the rolls have already been
made and the messages sent to the room)

How can I delay these messages until after the pulse time?

Here is basically what I have..

blah......

you start searching the room..
WAIT_STATE(ch, PULSE_ZONE);