[CODE] Errors: auto_equip

From: Krylon (mattg@skyhigh.com)
Date: 09/13/99

Hello everyone.. I wrote in about this awhile ago, but I've been away so

here goes. I'm getting some syserrors when
people try to login to the mud. It happens when the mud attempts to
auto_equip them, and it seems to happen randomly.
Here is the error:

Sep  9 19:30:51 :: SYSERR: autoeq: 'Dron' already equipped in position
1.
Sep  9 19:30:51 :: SYSERR: autoeq: 'Dron' already equipped in position
1.
Sep  9 19:30:51 :: SYSERR: autoeq: 'Dron' already equipped in position
1.
Sep  9 19:30:51 :: SYSERR: autoeq: 'Dron' already equipped in position
1.
Sep  9 19:30:51 :: SYSERR: Assertion failed at handler.c:554!

That line in handler.c is the following:

struct obj_data *unequip_char(struct char_data * ch, int pos)
{
  int j;
  struct obj_data *obj;

  if ((pos < 0 || pos >= NUM_WEARS) || GET_EQ(ch, pos) == NULL) {
    core_dump();    <------------- Here (554)
    return (NULL);
  }

I logged it and it said the GET_EQ(ch, pos) was returning NULL..  When
this error occurs, it crashes the mud. The
only way I've been fixing it was to delete the players object file.
Another eq related problem (which may be connected
to this) is that sometimes a persons eq is replaced with large amounts
of different eq. Like all there stuff is gone, and all they have now is
14 canteens, and 20 hides. Any help is appreciated.

-Matt G.