Re: Xapobj and houses

From: Jesper Andersen (knight@stofanet.dk)
Date: 09/19/99

Peter Ajamian wrote:

> Jesper Andersen wrote:
>
> > I have tried the extremely good snippet which makes the server more
> > flexible and fun to use. But there is a small problem that I cant figure
> > out. It isnt a problem to save objects that lies in a player-house, but
> > it gives a error-log in from handler.c(function obj_to_room). With my
> > dizzy mind I cant figure out why it wont work, the function is here if
> > it helps:
> > void obj_to_room(struct obj_data * object, room_rnum room)
> > {
> >   if (!object || room < 0 || room > top_of_world)
> >     log("SYSERR: Illegal value(s) passed to obj_to_room");
> >   else {
> >     object->next_content = world[room].contents;
> >     world[room].contents = object;
> >     object->in_room = room;
> >     object->carried_by = NULL;
> >     if (ROOM_FLAGGED(room, ROOM_HOUSE))
> >       SET_BIT(ROOM_FLAGS(room), ROOM_HOUSE_CRASH);
> >   }
> > }
> >
> > Anybody who has a solution as my mind os working on overtime at the
> > moment.
> >
> > /Shadow
>
> Try changing the error mesage to give you more information which you can use
> to help you figure out what's going on...
>
>     log("SYSERR: Illegal value(s) passed to obj_to_room, object=%x room=%hd
> top_of_world=%hd", object, room, top_of_world);
I figured out something more .. the objects that was saved in the house
was bad. So I deleted the objects and saved some new into it(basicly put
some breads into a house). Then there wasnt any error-logs, but none of
the object was loaded on bootup. Is the patch even combatible with
houses, as I cant figure out why it wont load!

/Shadow