Question about pfiles

From: Chuck Carson (ccarson@phi.org)
Date: 09/19/99

Should a pfile's size stay constant until a player is added
or deleted?

I have changed a lot of stuff in structs.h and added several
fields to the player structures (as I have done in the past)
and I have just experienced my first pfile corruption. I know
about blowing away the pfile after any changes like this are
made and I did this a long time ago. Is there any way, other
than odd behavior in the game to detect or monitor for pfile
corruption? I have not monitored the pfile size but just wrote
a cron to do so, just wanted to make sure it should stay static
in the absence of new players and/or deletions. The game has
been stable for weeks now after the last change I made in structs.h.

Thanks,
Chuck