Re: char_player_data problem...

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 09/23/99

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Emil Nilimaa wrote:

> I am using linux rh 6  circle bpl15  and oasis2.0
> now, i want to add something like char *title to
> struct char_plaer_data containing simple text.
> like lets say another title...
> this works fine, and nothing seems to be wrong.
> until i try using the olc,  then the game crashes...
> anyone have a clue what might be the cause?

It sounds like you are trying to free() the title and it has not had
memory allocated. That's just a guess, however since the information that
you provided was a little thin....

Show us some code from your structs.h on where exactly you added this new
title. Also show us some debugger (gdb) output to let us know what went
wrong with your program.

Another piece of information that is handy is where in the OLC your mud
crashes. I'm assuming medit is the problem, but we need to know which
editor as well as where in that editor you were having trouble.

--
Zeavon Calatin, Spear of Insanity
http://spear.kilnar.com/    telnet://spear.kilnar.com:1066