Re: char_player_data problem, again...

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 09/23/99

> Here is the output i get from gdb:
>
> Program terminated with signal 11, segmentation fault.

[backtrace snipped]

> list gives:
>
> oasis.c:143: No such file or directory.

While you don't have to upload your source code to your server for your mud
to run properly, you do need it around in the src/ directory in order to
access the code in gdb. I'd suggest uploading *.c and *.h to your server in
the src/ directory and then run through the gdb steps again.

The backtrace is slightly helpful, but it's impossible to tell what is wrong
with the code without actually seeing it. It's kind of like going to the vet
without your dog and expecting the doctor to tell you what is wrong based
off of your verbal description. It's just not going to help your dog at all.

--
Zeavon Calatin, Spear of Insanity
http://spear.kilnar.com/    telnet://spear.kilnar.com:1066