Re: [NEWBIE]gdb

From: Xual (xual@danathara.dhs.org)
Date: 10/09/99

On Sat, 9 Oct 1999, Mike Carpenter wrote:

> What would be the syntax for using gdb trying to locate what is causing my
> mud to crash when using snoop.
>
> 1.  What directory do I need to be in?
> 2.  What syntax for gdb to find snooping crash?
> 3.  How can I make the info useful for me to follow, or to show you on the
> list what is happening?

In the root circle dir:

gdb bin/circle lib/core
bt (backtrace)
list
info locals

There is a much more comprehensive doc on the Ceramic Mouse site:

http://developer.circlemud.org/doc/GDB/
--

"Misery is boundless"
        -Xual the Torturer, on the Eve of the Sundering.

Danathara Online RPG
telnet://danathara.dhs.org:4000