Re: ascii wilderness maps

From: Jason Beeland (jbeeland@speedfactory.net)
Date: 11/16/99

ok, my thanks to everyone who pointed out that this was a c++ program rather
than C.  I feel somewhat silly, though not too bad since i have actually not
had any exposure to c++.  Using g++ resulted in many less errors, though
unfortunately there were still a few.  Here is what g++ resulted in on
compilation:
( The actual file i've been trying to compile can be found at
ftp://silverun.dynip.com/pub/mapgen.c )

mapgen.c: In function `int main(int, char **)':
mapgen.c:135: warning: name lookup of `i' changed for new ANSI `for' scoping
mapgen.c:94: warning:   using obsolete binding at `i'
mapgen.c: In function `int WriteRoom(struct FILE *, int, int, int, int,
struct FILE *)':
mapgen.c:296: warning: implicit declaration of function `int ltoa(...)'
/tmp/ccjshLTZ.o: In function `WriteRoom(_IO_FILE *, int, int, int, int,
_IO_FILE *)':
/tmp/ccjshLTZ.o(.text+0xd6b): undefined reference to `ltoa'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

I have attached the file to this email which I am trying to compile.  Again,
I greatly appreciate the assistance here.  I typically have no problems
debugging my mud code, but then this isn't mud code so i have much less
experience in this particular area.  Not to mention, of course, the fact
that I have no experience at all with c++.  :P

Thanks again,
Jason Beeland