Re: Stock bug?

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/08/99

On Wed, 8 Dec 1999, Emil Nilimaa wrote:

> i had a player discover it..
> when writing his description from the main menu..
> if he made it too long and line too long.
> so it said line too long trunctated...

Some clarification is in order, here.  First thing's first, what version
of CircleMUD are you using?  Next, precisely what did he do?  He made the
description too long, and the last line too long so that he got, "Line to
long.  Truncated to:" and "String too long - Truncated," or "String too
long.  Last line skipped," together?

Finally, if you have a debugger (e.g., gdb) a backtrace from the core dump
would be EXTREMELY helpful.  If you don't know how to use gdb, I think
there's some relevant documentation on the Ceramic Mouse
(http://developer.circlemud.org).

-dak