[CODE][NEWBIE]Race/Clan Wars at the touch of a button?

From: John Bowman (nsari@geocities.com)
Date: 12/14/99

        I'm a first time poster long time reader. Anyhoo..

        This may be a clear as mud explanation of what I want, because
I'm not real sure how to explain it.  I'm wondering if its feasible or
even possible to have something that an implementor can adjust to reflect
the "political" situation on the mud.  i.e. if in your story line one race
is having difficulties with another and things get too tense and war breaks
out between them and they (the mobs) are prone to attack this enemy on sight
and then after a day or so real time set it back to normal, then later have
war break out between another set of races etc.

        Is something like this only possible by manually changing it every
time you want something like this to happen or is it even too complex to
even give something like this too much thought?

        I'm also tryin to figure out how to do submenus.

i.e.:

Choose a class:

[C]leric
[M]agic-User
[T]hief
[W]arrior

Your choice: C

What type of cleric:

[P]riest
[M]onk
[W]ar-Priest

etc.   You choose something and depending on what you choose it pops up with
another
menu and in my case there will be another menu after that.  I'm using
circle30bpl16.
Any help would be very much appreaciated!
Thanks!

John Bowman
jebowman@earthlink.net

flames to email please! =)