Re: Repeating prompts in zMUD and bpl16,client orseverproblem?was Re: Login?

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 12/29/99

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Peter Ajamian wrote:

>Yes, this is true, however, try explaining that to every new player that
>just happens to be using (what probably is) the most common MUD client
>for Windows or for the Mac, then further convice those players to change
>MUD clients because of it.

You don't need to convince everyone, just Zuggsoft and whoever makes
Rapscallion. Zuggsoft's site doesn't work for me because the redirect to
http://www.zuggsoft.com/zuggsoft/index.cfm never finishes.

>For this reason I believe it may be a good idea to change CircleMUD for
>these clients despite the fact that it is indeed the clients that are
>broken and not CircleMUD.

I could add a line in the greetings file saying "If your client gets
confused after the password entry, you need a newer client." but that won't
help much if zMUD isn't fixed.

What do you think standards are for? Breaking?

--
George Greer            | Stock CircleMUD Bug Reporting or Help
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://bugs.circlemud.org/