Re: Repeating prompts in zMUD

From: Daniel A. Koepke (dkoepke@california.com)
Date: 12/29/99

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, J P wrote:

> besides if zMUD uses the MFC or anything else microsoft releated (the
> Win API) they probably cant fiz it unless its one of their coding
> errors, but since MS's telent proggie does the same thing, Im thinking
> is a microsoft problem and not just a zMUD problem

It's possible that it's an error in WinSock, but I doubt it.  You might
want to search if Microsoft has anything about supporting the TELNET
protocol in its API.  More likely, Zuggsoft either used example Microsoft
code or misread the same RFC as Microsoft.  IOW, I don't think there's a
library of functions specifically for TELNET option parsing -- if it is
broken Microsoft code, it's probably something someone sent along to the
Knowledge Base or similar that ended up in a bunch of programs that no-one
double checked for compliance.

> PS. When I get dsl you wont be making fun of me ;)

Nope.  Then we'll all be busy doing portscans on your machine.

-dak