Re: Repeating prompts in zMUD

From: Rich Allen (rico@mindspring.com)
Date: 12/29/99

> I suppose you could log the input on the sex prompt and see what the bad
> client returns.  Then put up a test for that value.  If you do find a
> common value, send it to me and I'll include it in the base.  For now we
> have a BROKEN_BUT_COMPATIBLE #ifdef in comm.c.

        I ran into this problem with ZMud while writing a MUD/Talker in Visual
Basic.  What I found out was that ZMud was sending the text of the user's
input in one packet, then sending a CR/LF pair in a following packet.  What
I did in my code was to check the last two bytes of the user's input, and if
it wasn't a CR/LF pair, place the whole thing in a hold buffer until the
CR/LF was recieved, then process the input.

For what it's worth.

Rich