Re: Repeating prompts

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/04/00

On Tue, 4 Jan 2000, Del wrote:

>The CircleMUD code was not broken.

Not broken in behavior, but broken with respect to what it was intended to
do.

>Noone has proven that the clients are broken. (It could be winsock)
>Has anyone researched and pulled apart any of these clients?

Nope.  I do know that every Unix client I've tried handles it just fine:

Telnet says (capitals are TELNET option debugging prints):

--- 8< ---
By what name do you wish to be known? testme
Did I get that right, Testme (Y/N)? y
RCVD WILL ECHO
SENT DO ECHO
New character.
Give me a password for Testme:
Please retype password: RCVD WONT ECHO
SENT DONT ECHO
RCVD WONT NAOFFD
RCVD WONT NAOCRD

What is your sex (M/F)? m

Select a class:
  [C]leric
  [T]hief
  [W]arrior
  [M]agic-user

Class:

Maybe zMUD gets confused, maybe we get confused, maybe pigs fly, who knows?

I'll have to see a trace (shameless plug):

  ftp://ftp.circlemud.org/pub/jelson/tcpflow/

--
George Greer            | The OasisOLC Maintenance Effort
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/OasisOLC/