Re: PLR Flag Maximum (trailing towards security issues)

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 01/09/00

On Sun, 9 Jan 2000, Michael Gallagher wrote:

>my password is 10 digits long, it includes numbers and letters.
>but watch out symbols don't encrypt.
>
>the second password i made must be between 10 and 20 digits long
>and i've said to my builders that a long jibberish string would be
>the best :)

You do know that the standard crypt() function (usually) ignores more than
8 characters?

Try typing in just the first 8 characters of your password, it'll usually
work.  Unless you're using MD5 passwords that is, in which case you have
even worse troubles because CircleMUD's password field is too small for
them.

--
George Greer            | The CircleMUD FAQ
greerga@circlemud.org   | http://developer.circlemud.org/docs/FAQ/