Re: Ethics.

From: James Slattery (saidin@surfsouth.com)
Date: 01/24/00

-----Original Message-----
From: Zeavon <zeavon@kilnar.com>
To: CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca <CIRCLE@post.queensu.ca>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2000 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [CIRCLE] Ethics.

>On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Adam G Dobrinin wrote:
>Look at the practical side of things. Forget the wishy-washy gray-area of
>ethics and think about this:
>
>What if someone gets their hands on those logs? You may as well just
>shutdown your mud because that someone will be able to do just about
>anything they want with your mud.

If anyone should ever get their hands on these logs in the first place you
would have a
lot more to worry about than someone getting on someone else's character.
But as for
logging passwords to a mud, I think it is perfectly acceptable. I know we
have lost an
encryption on passwords before and had to wipe them all so it saves us to
just not
encrypt them.