Re: NEWBIE Lives system & Prompt

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 02/03/00

Jerry Billings wrote:

> I've looked in Circle's ftp site and Ceramic mouse and i couldnt find either
> the prompt code or the level coding, any help? thanks guys.
>
> Jerry

I suggest you look again, the prompt code is definitely there:
http://www.circlemud.org/pub/CircleMUD/contrib/code/
        xp-prompt.diff
        prompt.zip
        prompt.README

as for lives I don't think there is an actual patch for that (or I
couldn't find it, it's probably got some silly name, lots of the
snippets do)  but it's not that hard, you add a lives int to the
char_data struct in one of the unsed fields, then define GET_LIVES(ch)
within raw_kill you deduct one from the lives count, and do what you
want to do when that hit's 0.  Oh and initiliase it in init_char to
something, if you're on ascii rent you'll have to save and load it as
well.

Chris