Re: Makefile Errors

From: Patrick Dughi (dughi@imaxx.net)
Date: 02/03/00

        If I were to guess, I'd bet that you used spaces instead of tabs
in the Makefile; either due to hand-patching, or incorrect file
translation.  Make sure that when you put in an entry in a make file, it
reads like this:

act.comm.o: act.comm.c conf.h sysdep.h structs.h utils.h comm.h
<tab>handler.h db.h screen.h clan.h dg_scripts.h

        Etc.

        Is this in the wtfaq? I don't remember seeing it.

        However, that should have given the error "Missing Seperator",
i've never seen it say "-include depend".

        The other issues you may be seeing is if you're not using a GNU
compatiable verison of Make.  99% of the systems out there come shipped
with a broken, crappy make program (esp Sun's).  They either don't work,
or work poorly.  Also, make sure to re-run the configure, to regenerate
your files for compilation on your new system.

                                                PjD