Re: Search function

From: Fizal (amustapa@yahoo.com)
Date: 02/03/00

At 03:46 PM 3/2/2000 +0000, Alex Mann <alex4501@hotmail.com> wrote:
>Hi
>I was wonderinfg if anyone knows of a way in which I can add a search
>command, which will occasionally provide the player with and object or
>money, ranging from no find(often) to a major find(Occasional).
>Is there a code snipit out there which does if so where.

Hmm... is this what you're trying to do:
1. Some item is hidden in the room, and if a player try searching in that
room, he'll occasionally find the item. OR
2. If a player try searching in any room, occasionally he'll find an item
determined randomly.

There's already a snippet for the first one, complete with ability to hide
an item and searching for them. If you want to do the second, you can take
a look at the search function in the snippet and base it from there. The
only thing that I can think of is that you'll need to decide what items
will the player randomly get. Unless you want to create an item on the fly....

Holler if you need help. I'll see what I can do....

G'luck!

---

Afizal Mustapa
Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.