Re: Command History

From: Andrew Ritchie (object@alphalink.com.au)
Date: 02/12/00

> that is entirely client based... You're mud has no control over
> it (that is
> of course assuming that you don't require your players to use a
> custom client
> that yall created just for you rmud....) so no. :)
>
> JD

That's not entirely true.

Your MUD can intercept characters as well as other keys, like the up and
down arrows.

It requires simply a little revamp of parse_input() or a similar function.

At the moment, your server probably grabs every key that is typed by the
player and stores it in a buffer, 'waiting' until it recieves the enter key,
when it parses the input and runs a certain ACMD() function.

Theoretically, you could edit the code and make it display, to the
character, their last command when they hit the up arrow. I have menus which
only require a single key to be pressed (they don't need the player to hit
the enter key).

Cheers,

Andrew Ritchie