Re: QP System

From: Jon A. Nielsen (nielsenja@worldspy.net)
Date: 02/13/00

> To make Quest points given out by mobs on their deaths you could easily
> add one variable for mobs.

Keeping in mind that you need to add OLC implementation for this, as well.

> Then when you have the mob database all switched around to work with
> this you need to create a DEATH TRIGGER for the mobs who will use this.

Or you could modify some of the fight code so that when a player kills a
mob, he gets the death points, for those who don't use DG scripts.  Also,
take into consideration groups, random variation in QPs when a mob loads,
removal of player quest points (or lack thereof) upon death, etc.

Then, I would just look at the shop code and go off that for a quest shop,
using a player's quest points for purchases;  maybe allow for quest shop
creation just like normal shops, where you can buy objects, or maybe allow
for more conceptual "objects" like levels, experience, hp/mp/mv restores,
spells, etc.