Re: Wiz Command Problem

From: Jorge Enrique Millan Otoya (jo-milla@faoa.uniandes.edu.co)
Date: 03/06/00

On Sun, 5 Mar 2000, Deja Augustine wrote:
> It will run fine, but after it lists a certain number of mobs/objs, it
> crashes the mud with a Segmentation Fault.  But it doesn't necessarily do it
> every time...
>
> Here is one of the conditions under which it crashed...
>
> -I typed 'mshow 100' to display the two mobiles in zone 100
> -I typed 'oshow 100' to display the five objects in zone 100
> -I typed 'mshow 30' to display all the mobs in zone 30 (a bunch)
> and it crashed...
>
> or, I also typed mshow 30 three times, and it crashed...

I think its a buffer problem, you define your buffer to be
MAX_STRING_LENGTH and never check if its full or not.

> I also have one other question (more for clarification than anything else):
>       What Actually Causes A Segmentation Fault?

Segmentation fault usually appears when you're trying to write where you
can't for example in the the nth+1 location of an array of n position,
that would explain it.

              |         Jorge Enrique Millan O.  |
              |         Physics department       |
              |         Universidad de los Andes |