Re: CRASH

From: Zeavon (zeavon@kilnar.com)
Date: 03/06/00

On Mon, 6 Mar 2000, Larry and Debbie-Lyn Robinson wrote:

> For the record:
>
>     The error was .... <drum roll>
>

> an extra ~ in the description for D0 of one room.

Fix:

// Replaces all ~ with ^
void kill_tilde(char *x)
{
  int y;

  for (y = 0; x[y]; ++y)
    if (x[y] == '~')
      x[y] = '^';
}

Call example: kill_tilde(arg);

Use it right after someone finishes editing a detailed description of a
room, mob, object, exit, whatever... If you're using ASCII pfiles and use
~ as a terminator, make sure that you call it then too.

As a rule of thumb, I just have it call it everytime a person exits the
improved editor.

--
Zeavon Calatin, MageMaster of the Realms
Spear of Insanity