*Newbie Treatment* (not a newbie question) was [CIRCLE] Newbie Compiler Error

From: Brian Hartvigsen (hartvigsen@gci.net)
Date: 03/21/00

I personally find it offensive how ever persone who deams themselves
"experianced" Implementors (or what ever you want to call yourselves) have
the gal to go and rip into *every* newbie out there who asks a question.  I
understand that sometime (okay even a majority fo the time) the same
question gets rehashed over and over, but hey that's life.  Sometimes that
happens.  Put honestly people do we have to make people feel like shit to
try and get our point across?  Ya know a little comman courtesy (you know
that thing your mom taught you about sharing your toys and saying please
and thank you) might be a nice thing to see here on the list.  I could bet
that almost every  person on this whole list has at one time or another
asked a question that the answer could be found in the archives.  Has it
just recently be added to policy that no one can ask a previously asked
question and if they do it is required by all the "experianced"
Implementors to flame their asses?  COME ONE PEOPLE!!  GET A LIFE!!  HAVE A
HEART!!  I'm tired of seeing the flames of "Check the archives.  Wanna know
where they are look at the bottom of this message, ya dummy."  Either get
some tact or just SHUT UP!  If you really wanted to be helpful (god forbid)
how about maybe doing a search for them and sending them the apropriate
link or maybe even just a keyword.  Why don't you try that for a change.

Look, I'm not trying to start a huge debate here or anything and if you
haveserious problems with this feel free to e-mail me directly my email
(which I will post at the end of this message.)  It just really frustrates
me to see people rip into newbies (atleast the newbies take the courtesy to
say that their post is from them).

One last suggestion,  If your not going to "have a heart" could you please
put [FLAME] into the subject of your message so I can send it where it
belongs, IN THE TRASH!

-~=Brian=~-
tresni@ikickass.org

***MUD with No Name***