bpl17 bitfields

From: Damian Jurzysta (interact@hem.passagen.se)
Date: 04/01/00

when trying out the bitfields version of bpl 17, I cannot use the roomflags
command. when I type 'look' it doesnt show me any roomflags, instead it just
dumps out whatever is in the buffer. example:

Welcome to the land of CircleMUD!  May your visit here be... Interesting.

[ 1204] The Immortal Board Room [ Testgod entering game with no equipment.]
   The main hang out of the Gods, the Immortal Board Room is the place to
be.  Gods exchange messages here most every day.  The mortal board room is
to the east and the meeting room for the gods is to the south.  To the north
is the Gods' Inn and to the west is a post office for Gods.  There is a large
staircase leading down to the main temple in the city of Midgaard.  In the
northeast corner you spot a small staircase leading upwards.
[ Exits: n e s w u d ]
A large bulletin board is mounted on a wall here.  It glows with a faint aura.

> look
[ 1204] The Immortal Board Room [ king]
   The main hang out of the Gods, the Immortal Board Room is the place to
be.  Gods exchange messages here most every day.  The mortal board room is
to the east and the meeting room for the gods is to the south.  To the north
is the Gods' Inn and to the west is a post office for Gods.  There is a large
staircase leading down to the main temple in the city of Midgaard.  In the
northeast corner you spot a small staircase leading upwards.
[ Exits: n e s w u d ]
A large bulletin board is mounted on a wall here.  It glows with a faint aura.

> look
[ 1204] The Immortal Board Room [ ]
   The main hang out of the Gods, the Immortal Board Room is the place to
be.  Gods exchange messages here most every day.  The mortal board room is
to the east and the meeting room for the gods is to the south.  To the north
is the Gods' Inn and to the west is a post office for Gods.  There is a large
staircase leading down to the main temple in the city of Midgaard.  In the
northeast corner you spot a small staircase leading upwards.
[ Exits: n e s w u d ]
A large bulletin board is mounted on a wall here.  It glows with a faint aura.

> who
Players
-------
[34 Wa] Testgod the Implementor

One lonely character displayed.

]
   The main hang out of the Gods, the Immortal Board Room is the place to
be.  Gods exchange messages here most every day.  The mortal board room is
to the east and the meeting room for the gods is to the south.  To the north
is the Gods' Inn and to the west is a post office for Gods.  There is a large
staircase leading down to the main temple in the city of Midgaard.  In the
northeast corner you spot a small staircase leading upwards.
[ Exits: n e s w u d ]
A large bulletin board is mounted on a wall here.  It glows with a faint aura.

this is what is different from the original code in look_at_room() in act.informative.c:

  if (!IS_NPC(ch) && PRF_FLAGGED(ch, PRF_ROOMFLAGS)) {
-    sprintbit(ROOM_FLAGS(ch->in_room), room_bits, buf);
+    buf2[0] = '\0';
+    sprintfield((char*)&ROOM_FLAGS(ch->in_room), room_bits, buf2);
    sprintf(buf2, "[%5d] %s [ %s]", GET_ROOM_VNUM(IN_ROOM(ch)),
        world[ch->in_room].name, buf);
    send_to_char(buf2, ch);
  } else
    send_to_char(world[ch->in_room].name, ch);

I have tried changing the sprintfield function into using buf instead of buf2, but it didnt help. other than that I have no idea what else to do.
--
/Damian/