SYSTEM: Increasing the number of rooms (sh_int -> ??)

From: Pure Krome (pure@bluep.com)
Date: 05/08/00

Hello all.
    I've found that if i have a zone, say zone 400.zon (40000->40099, say),
then i cannot goto that zone, even though it is created. I've figured it was
becuase of the room vnums being an sh_int.

Is there any way I could increase the vnum number type?
What type should i increase it to AND will it take SERIOUS changes?
Lastly, what about memory? If i currently have 15,000 rooms, and I change it
from sh_int to <what you folks suggest>, then what??

Thanks mates.

Sundry Note:
    The game runs on linux, development on windows and linux.

-PK-