Re: [Misc] Mailing list archive

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 05/12/00

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Peter Nielsen wrote:

>Hi there.. I was wondering what happened to the searchable archive??
>
>Recently i was trying to browse through the list archive on circlemud.org
>(could really use an update soon) for some past mails about moving from file to
>database.. sql prefferable.. but i came up emptyhanded with an error that the
>web page didn't exist or some such.. trying again the next day and again a
>couple of days later.. all with same result, tried browsing through
>Ceramic Mouse but couldn't find any mentioning of the mailing list archive. Is
>there some other url to use? or did it simply cease to exist??

Glimpse had a security hole so it was removed.  You'd have to ask Jeremy
about the searchable archives.

Until then, try your query on Altavista like:

+host:www.circlemud.org +queryhere

Because the list archives are on the FTP site and the FTP site shows up in
the web directory, so assuming its been indexed, you'll get what you want.

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org