Re: OLC

From: George Greer (greerga@circlemud.org)
Date: 05/15/00

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Nathaniel White wrote:

>    After the olc compile, i did the autorun, check my syslog and everything
>was fine except for this
>SYSERR: Non-positive max player limit! (Set at 0 using OPEN_MAX).
>im not to sure what it is or what caused it, i do know that i deleted
>everything i had, reinstalled circlemud3.0
>and redownloaded the olc. but i did not do the autorun and make my impl
>before adding the patch.

Try deleting the section of code in comm.c reading:

#elif defined (OPEN_MAX) || defined(FOPEN_MAX)
#if !defined(OPEN_MAX)
#define OPEN_MAX FOPEN_MAX
#endif
  method = "OPEN_MAX";
  max_descs = OPEN_MAX;         /* Uh oh.. rlimit didn't work, but we have
                                 * OPEN_MAX */

--
George Greer
greerga@circlemud.org