Re: newbie: Sense you didn't notice :NEW PROBLEM: Compling

From: Chris Gilbert (chris@buzzbee.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 05/27/00

Paul Tidwell wrote:
> When I go into my src directory and type make, I get this error:
> make: ./licheck: Command not found
> make: *** [.accepted] Error 127
> I am using cygwin B20 and Have tried both B20 and B19 for fixing this, As a
> totally new cygwin user, I have no more ideas, your help would be appirated.

Do you have a ./licheck file?  if you don't your package mustn't have
installed it, otherwise, it may have the wrong permissions, it should be
executable (chmod +x licheck, to make it one) it's a script.  basically
it makes you read the license file and agree to it.  one you've done so
it creates another file.

Another thought is that it may not run as it needs /bin/sh, I'm not sure
if you said you fixed that or not.

Cheers,
Chris