Re: OLC Compile errors: More toubles.

From: Allan Hangaard (villain@get2net.dk)
Date: 05/30/00

> >Thanks for the help, managed to fix them before i got the reply (except
the
> >max_players bit, didnt think
> >about typos) but now ive got them sorted out, when MSVC comes to linking
> >objects i get this.
> >
> >onfig.obj : error LNK2005: _max_players already defined in comm.obj
> >act.comm.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
_send_editor_help

> -- Snip --
>
> Ok im an idiot, ill check ive got all the files in the build next time :P
> Anyhow, fixed that, still got....
>
> Linking...
> config.obj : error LNK2005: _max_players already defined in comm.obj
> Debug/circle.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined
symbols
> found
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Oh by the way I had a good look at the code before posting this time :>>
>
> Doomz

The problem you have here is that the _max _players are already defined
elsewehere.
in comm.obj, you need find the definition and tear it out. Then you need to
declare _max_players as an external type Or you'll still have compile
errors. This is probably screwed up because you previously needed
_max_payers in comm.obj and then set in the define.
in truth it would be better to not do this as a define in those files, but
somewhere in structs.h or utils.h since they are part of everything. and
since in config.c you should probably make the _max_players look like this:

int _max_players = <number you want>

then in comm.c where the externals are put in this line.

extern int _max_players

All previous definitions of this constant can then be removed.

Allan Hangaard