make_corpse problem

From: doomzday (doomzday@easynet.co.uk)
Date: 06/01/00

I've got a very odd problem with bl17.

My mud is experiencing crashes during its operation, it bombs out
with a windows exception error. It compiles fine with no errors.

Ive tracked the source of the problem to make_corpse,
Implementors can kill mobs and chars with result in make_corpse working.
Players, on killing a mob/char causes a fatal crash, my guese from a problem
with make_corpse.

What would make an mortal killnig something crash the mud, but not a mortal
?

Im stumped, any help would be much appreciated.